Monday, September 1, 2014

Two new lamps for the master bedroom

I'm sure that two new lamps is hardly an exciting post, but I have been searching for new lamps for the master bedroom for two years.  Sure, there are a ton of amazing lamps on the market, but I didn't want to spend $100+ dollars on table lamps.  Call me cheap, well my preference is for you to call me "frugal", but playing the waiting game does have its advantages.

My husband loves to shop at Stein Mart, as they have really good deals on clothing for men. I'm not a huge fan of the store.  The women's clothing is a bit more dressy than my personal, casual style.  So I usually wander around their small home goods section where I have found lamps that I liked, but there is usually only one lamp available.  This Labor Day weekend, I got lucky and found two lamps.  I have been looking for a light blue or turquoise base lamp to brighten up the master bedroom.  Initially, I was looking at Lamps Plus Color + Plus Lighting Collection; however, the lamp shape that I liked was $120 per lamp and this was more than I wanted to spend.

Light blue lamp from Stein Mart
Light blue lamp from Stein Mart

The light blue lamp was originally $68.00 and Stein Mart's price was $49.99.  I was happy to pay $50 per lamp, but when the spouse and I were checking out at the register, the clerk said $53.92.  We thought the clerk made an error, but she said the lamps were 50% off.  Whoo hoot!  I couldn't believe my luck.  Each lamp was $24.96.

Master bedroom
Master bedroom

As you can see in the above photo of the master bedroom, there is still a lot of work to be done.  The furniture is still ugly and I need to find artwork for the walls.  I'm not in any rush as I'm enjoying the hunt for what I want at a perfect price.

As for this former master bedroom lamp ....

Old lamp
Old bedroom lamp

I'm sure this old lamp will find a new house to brighten.

Cheers,
Monica

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had another blog! Ambitious woman ;) I like the new lamps, and the bedspread too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can hardly keep up with A Pear Shaped gal .. lol. This blog is actually just to track the remodel progress of the desert house, which is slow. It's not really a blog I want to build .. but I like to think it's fun to hear about any bargain ;-)

      Monica.

      Delete