Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Interview with Kim at The Anecdotal Goat

I recently joined the SoCal Lady Bloggers group and was given the opportunity to interview Kim over at The Anecdotal Goat.  Kim is an interior design enthusiast with an interest in local artists, flea markets, and boutiques.  She writes about her adventures in the City of Angels, also known as, Los Angeles, CA.

Kim at The Anecdotal Goat
Kim at The Anecdotal Goat

Name:  Kim P.
Blog Name and URL:  The Anecdotal Goat - http:/anecdotalgoat.com
Twitter Name: anecdotalgoat
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AnecdotalGoat
Instagram: n/a
Pinterest: Coming Soon!
Other: http://anecdotalgoat.tumblr.com


When did you first start blogging and why?

I just started my blog in January, so I'm a newbie! I was unhappy at work and needed a creative outlet to explore all of the thing I really love (interior design being the main one).

What do you wish you knew then that you know now?

I'm sure I will have a lot of "I wish I had known" as I get deeper into the process of building my brand, but for now I'm just happy I have readers!

What is your best blogging tip?

Check a post for spelling and grammar mistakes before sending it out there to the world.  I follow a lot of blogs, and I'm always so surprised at the number of simple spelling mistakes I come across.  I read and re-read and re-read everything I post before I hit that "Publish" button!

Additional Questions:

1. What was the last book you read?

I just finished reading The Night Circus, about a magical circus and a competition between two magicians' apprentices at the turn of the century.  It had love, mystery, suspense, and the supernatural.  It was a pretty easy read, and a lot of fun.  At the moment I'm in the middle of a book called, The Philosophy of Sustainable Design, the text book for my Ecology of Design class.  It's very interesting and has great information, but I prefer fiction!

2. If you could hop on a plane today and go anywhere in the world for a week alone, where would you go?

I have always dreamed of going to Thailand, so I'd probably go there.  Although, to me half the fun of traveling is being with the people I'm graveling with!  I have a trip coming up with my husband and some good friends of ours for a week in Turkey (Istanbul and Cappadocia) and I really am just about jumping out of my skin, I can't wait to get there!

3. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?

I truly want to have my own interior design business, and that's what I'm working toward right now!  It's the thing that I've always said was my "back-up" career, but I've come to realize it may have been my first choice career all along!

4. If suddenly you woke up and money was no object, what is the first thing you would buy yourself? (Can't be for someone else).

I would do a full kitchen remodel, and add a bedroom and bathroom to my house.  Maybe most people would say they would buy a new house altogether, but I really love my house and my neighborhood!  Both are wonderfully cozy, and have all the best of that 1920's charm.  If the house were just a little bit bigger, I could stay here forever!

5.  If you could change one thing about your life and do it over again a different way, what would it be?

The first thing that comes to mind would be to have pursued an interior design career sooner, but the thing is I wouldn't be doing it now if I hadn't had all of the experiences that have led up to this moment.  I've always been very intentional about the decisions I make (or at least the major ones) and never want to regret having not tried something, so I believe that every big decision I've made has been the best decision I could have made with the information I had at the time.  You never know what curve balls life will throw you, but as long as you feel confident in the moment you won't have to regret having done (or not done) something later on.

Thanks Kim .. it's been a pleasure getting you know you.

Cheers,
Monica.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete