Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pre-column removal

One weekend my husband was out at the desert house and I stayed in San Diego. When we went out to the desert house this past weekend, I noticed that there was a picture hanging on one of the columns.  I thought that's an odd place to hang a picture.


The spouse informs me that he used the picture as a 'cover up' because he cut a hole in the column to see what the structure was like as this column will be removed in the near future.  This column is so large that I can hide behind it and you can't see me.  I've had quite a bit of fun running around the column playing hide and seek with the dog.  The column does obstruct the view from the dinning room to the living room.  I'm sure the column was put in to show separation between the dinning area from the living room without adding a wall, but we are looking for a more open floor plan, so this column's days are numbered.


All I can say is that I'm not looking forward to the mess.

Cheers,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment